The 1-year ‘Get Gorgeous Plan’ for the big day.
Congratulations on your engagement! Planning for a wedding can feel overwhelming, but it doesn’t have to be. We’ve broken down a checklist with a timeline to help you stay on track.
(And remember: Your fiancé already loves you the way you are! Show off your smile with confidence on your big day and soak up every moment of your wedding.)
1 year before your wedding day
- Get the smile of your dreams in time for your wedding day! One year before you say “I do,” visit your local SmileShop for a 3D image or order an impression kit to start your smile journey. Our average customer sees results in just 6 months.
See If You’re a Candidate
9 months to go
- Submit photos through our dashboard for your virtual check-ins with one of our state-licensed dentists or orthodontists. They’ll make sure your smile is moving on track.
- Make sure you keep wearing your aligners all day and night (or 10 consecutive hours for Nighttime Aligners™), except when eating and drinking.
- And while you’re at it, now is a great time to visit a dermatologist, get a facial, and amp up your routine for glowing skin.
6 months to go
- After 6 months, you might complete your smile plan. Maintain that gorgeous grin by ordering your retainers. You’ll want to wear them all day and night for the first 2 weeks, and then every night after that to prevent your new smile from shifting back to where it used to be.
- Do your first bright on™ premium whitening treatment. Apply the whitening gel pen to your teeth and then use the LED light to intensify the whitening effect. Results last up to 6 months.
- Now is a good time to book your wedding week beauty appointments, too – hair, makeup, and any manicures or waxing you plan to get.
get bright on
3 months to go
- Your bright on™ premium teeth whitening results last up to 6 months, but with your wedding right around the corner, do a touchup now to maintain those pearly whites.
- Continue wearing your retainers every night!
1–2 months to go
- Schedule your hair and makeup trial. Pick a lipstick color that shows off your pearly whites!
- Get a hair trim and, if necessary, color.
1 week before
- One week to go! Do your last round of whitening.
- Take care of any waxing.
- Treat yourself to another facial. Stay away from any peels and stick to a gentle treatment.
3 days before
- Invest in a gel manicure and pedicure – it should last for 2 weeks.
- Exfoliate and moisturize, moisturize, moisturize.
- Don’t forget to pack your retainers for your honeymoon.
1 day before
- Wash your hair.
- Take a relaxing bubble bath.
Your wedding day!
- Drink lots of water.
- Eat a good breakfast.
- Smile! Enjoy this special day and show off your beautiful grin!