Everything you need to know to care for your SmileDirectClub clear retainer.
Now that you’ve completed your smile journey, make sure you wear your retainers to help maintain the smile you love. You’ll wear your retainers all day and night, except when eating and drinking anything other than cool water, during the first 2 weeks after finishing your smile plan. After that, you’ll only wear your retainers at night.
Here’s what you need to know to protect your clear retainers and maintain that gorgeous grin.
- Rinse your retainers before you put them in every time.
- Protect your retainers from the sun, hot cars, and excessive heat.
- Brush and floss your teeth before putting your retainers in.
- Store your retainers in your case whenever you’re not wearing them.
- Only use cold or warm water when cleaning or rinsing your retainers.
- Soak retainers in soap and water to get a more thorough clean. Rinse with water after cleaning.
- Don’t wrap your retainers in a napkin or paper towel, because they may crack.
- Don’t use sharp objects to remove your retainers.
- Don’t use hot water to clean your retainers, and never place them in the dishwasher. High temperatures can damage or discolor them.
- Don’t wear retainers while eating or drinking anything other than cool water.
- Don’t bite your retainers into position. This can damage your retainers and your teeth.
If you’re reading this, chances are you need to order new custom-fit retainers. We’ve got your back, grinner.